Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lasagna

I have never been a big fan of lasagna. I love pasta, but I think there is so much cheese in lasagna that I really didn't care for it too much. Yesteday afternoon I was watching a show on tv and they were eating lasagna and apparently baby thought it looked good. Before I knew it I was looking up the recipe for lasagna because I just had to have some. Marei thought I was nuts of course because I've never liked the stuff. But then I reminded him that I also don't like mayo, but when I was pregnant with Vanessa I was eating it plain by the spoonful, and hiding while I did it because I was so embarrassed. Well, I made lasagna for the first time today and it was a huge hit. I don't think I've seen Vanessa eat that fast before, lol! Marei is always telling me how good of a cook I have become in the last year and a half. I never really knew how to cook and I didn't enjoy doing it at all. But I've came a long way. I actually love to hunt down new recipes to try out and surprise the family with something new. I must say I was pretty amazed with how well the lasagna turned out. It didn't seem like it would be difficult to make, but I'm not a cheese person and there is a whole lot of cheese in the recipe I used. Anyways, the baby loved it, I had two helpings and feeling very full now!

1 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Can you post the recipe on your blog!??? You should have taken a couple of pictures of the meal and your fans eating it too!! Cute!
I want to recipe!